LIFE AT THE COTTAGE

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tips and Tricks Tuesday #16 - Change is on the Horizon


Change is coming to the Brambleberry Cottage!  Stay tuned for the details.


Welcome to WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN the sixteenth Tips & Tricks Tuesday linky party here at the Brambleberry Cottage.

Before I address that huge question mark I'm sure is flashing above your head, I want to show off the talent of last week's participants.


If you're anything like me, you have tons of old sweaters that you're starting to sift through, as the weather gets colder.

I've been pondering whether I should just get rid of half of the ones I own.

Last week, Karly @ Jellybean Junkyard gave us a great tutorial on how to make a stylish cowl out of an old sweater.

Thanks, Karly!  Now I know what to do with at least some of those castoffs.


How often have you received a gift and just knew it wasn't going to work?


Michelle @ Dream Home DIY decided her gifted "HOME" sign just needed a face-lift.

Now it joins the many other transformations she and Justin have performed to make their starter home their dream home.  ;)


I think it would have driven me batty to have punched out each of these little bats, pushed a pin through each of them, and then to have glued them, one by one, to a book page.

Thank goodness, Gail @ CAN'T STOP MAKING THINGS had enough patience to do so. 

The results were incredible!


At first glance, you might think that this spiral is made from a piece of jewelry that has been twisted.

It's actually an amazing embroidery technique that Zeshuregi @ Creative Mind shared last week.


You'll want to visit each of these talented tipsters to get the full scoop on their creations.



And now, I'll address the changes coming to the cottage.

I'm in the midst of a BIG project that I'll be sharing with you very soon.

Since I'm already spread so thin, the wind blows right through me (huh, don't I wish!), I'm reducing the number of parties I host here at the Brambleberry Cottage to just one.

Time Travel Thursday will be the only weekly party that continues. 

Ask the Yankee and Tips and Tricks Tuesday will no longer be linky parties hosted here.

However, if you get stuck in a project, the Yankee will still gladly assist.

And, whenever I have a handy dandy tip or trick to share, I'll do so on a Tuesday night.

Be sure to come back tomorrow night for the Time Travel Thursday linky party, and share your awesome talent with the rest of Blogland.

See ya then!

4 comments:

  1. I lake it, beautiful!

    Hugs, Zondra Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing what this wonderful new change is...? What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Liz...bj, here.
    Hope things are good with you.
    I am posting a tablescape, using the little metal basket I won from you. Come over later to see...:))
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for one of the feature spots!! You are too sweet :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment.